« Home | Almost forgot the SOD! Not like I plan a regular f... » | Some friends of mine -- actually, my closest frien... » | Just finished reading Shadowmancer, by G.P. Taylor... » | I'm listening to a video (and kinda watching it) c... » | Once more pictures in the media show hooded terror... » | Song of the Day: "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West, from... » | More about the Christian Fish Symbol: History of t... » | Song of the Day: "Smoothie Song" by Nickel Creek, ... » | Wanna hear a pretty funny song? Check out "Captain... » | My New iPod Mini    Well, a clever depiction f... » 

29 July 2004 

Is it a sin to look at a pretty woman? No. It's not a sin until you start having lustful thoughts for her. "Whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart" (Matthew 5:28).
 
Take Miriam Gonzalez, for example.
Posted by Hello Photo from PinupFiles
 
This is a fine looking woman and I could look at this picture almost all day and not have any problems. And from what I've read about her she's a really nice person, too, as well as smart and interesting. But when I look at an uncropped, full-figure photo (pun intended as she's a truly voluptuous,  slightly zoftig lass) my thoughts wander to places they shouldn't. And they really don't want to come back.

Thus I pray nearly every day that God bypass giving me strength to avoid lustful thoughts and leap right into banning them from my mind all together.

Today's (rather appropriate) Song of the Day: "Help Me Out God" by Superchick, from their Karaoke Superstars album. Check out these lyrics (as published on their site) and you'll see why I picked it considering the theme of today's first Blog.

Help me out God I need a little something Turn the brights on I can\'t see where we\'re going Cause I don\'t know when things\'ll work out just fine Or if this road we\'re on leads us up Or is leading me on down to my wishing well Where I might drown oh I might drown Cause I can\'t swim without you God Help me out God I need a little something Hold my hand so I know that I\'m not falling down Or spinning round or am I really just fine Is this vertigo I feel just simply fear or maybe real It\'s a long way down and I might fall and I might fall Cause I can\'t stand without you God Help me out God I need a little something Just enough so I don\'t lose hope before morning comes Cause in the sun things\'ll work out just fine But this night\'s been extra long I fear I won\'t make it to the Dawn Cause the night is dark and I might doubt and I might doubt Cause I can\'t hope without you God Just enough for today get me through \'til tomorrow (©2003)
Peace & Prayers!

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!