« Home | More Pix! » | If you haven't noticed ... » | "Wassup with dat?" Part MCMLXIII » | Truth is Stranger than Toons » | But it's probably colder than Maine » | Tech is passing me by - The Podcast » | Gotta love bad writing, too. » | Spam Spam Spam Spam » | Can you see these dots? » | iMix Update - Praise Thru Music » 

01 August 2005 

It's perfectly legal, but then again so is bestiality

Pocket vetoes, recess appointments, presidential findings, and a host of other political tactics are perfectly legal, but they leave a taint that all the moral bleach in the world won't remove. Consider the latest:

Bush Appoints Bolton, Bypassing Senate - Yahoo! News: "WASHINGTON -
President Bush installed embattled nominee John Bolton as ambassador to the
United Nations on Monday, bypassing the Senate after a testy five-month standoff with Democrats who argued that the tough-talking conservative was unfit for the job."

"Bush put Bolton on the job by means of a recess appointment, an avenue available when Congress is in recess. Under the Constitution, Bolton's appointment will last until a newly elected Congress takes office in January 2007."

"Republican Sen. George Voinovich of Ohio, who had stunned the White House by opposing Bolton, said he was disappointed by Bush's decision."

"I am truly concerned that a recess appointment will only add to John Bolton's baggage and his lack of credibility with the United Nations," Voinovich said.

I'm also disappointed. Republicans spent the Clinton years complaining about unseemly political behavior yet the same is quickly becoming a staple of the current administration. Mr. Bush usually appears to have the fine morals typical of a Christian yet his second term is tracking as anything but a reflection of that standard. Well, it was this president that made me drop my life-long loyalty to the Grand Old Party when I registered as an independent.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!