« Home | Where've you been? » | » | This is a Government Building » | What I Did On My Summer Vacation » | It's everywhere! » | Happy Mother's Day!! » | My Favorite Wallpaper (for now) » | Greatest Dogs in Cinema » | What does it matter? » | The Energy Paradigm in Crisis » 

20 June 2006 

Still Life

Well, it looks like I'm still ignoring my usual online activities as I stay consumed with Second Life. I just formed a partnership (officially boyfriend/girlfriend) with a rather nice woman named Kala. Our goal is companionship at this point, as we explore the SL 'verse. She's having a blast building a homestead for us to share. I'm always fiddling with my pond property and learning to build furniture and structures. It really is a "second life" with lots of possibilities not available to my Real Life (RL).

For example, yesterday I spent an hour or so skydiving. Not something my innate talents or RL health would permit. Kala has her own sailboat. In RL, she's landlocked and wouldn't have that opportunity. Another great benefit of these possibilities is that I meet a diverse range of people. Not that I don't in RL, mind you, but in SL I'm friends with strippers, ministers, Goth-folk, and even "furries." You'd have to see SL to understand the latter.

As mentioned in a previous post, SL is awful darn close to the idea of the Matrix movies, but everyone is in on the secret. I absolutely love to fly and briefly considered getting an airplane or helicopter last night, but figured I can fly without one, what's the point? Besides, Kala has a Ford Mustang repli-car that drives up to 240 SL MPH and can also fly. I can always borrow that (though the first time I took her out the beastie ejected us for unsafe flying).

Visiting other lands is fabulous, too. Last night I found an island that looks like it is going to become a sort of Jurassic Park. There's a 3-story tall bull elephant staring over a waterfall that makes Angel Falls look like a faucet drip. Kala wants me to visit a Gorean town. Apparently, there are many adherents to that culture (based on John Norman's Gor books). From what I've read and heard almost all of it flies in the face of my hard-core Christian beliefs so I'm not sure I'm will go. There's just so much else to do in SL I've got to start making priorities.

Like clearing out my apartment in an ancient Irish castle. I rented a space for a month on a whim (long story) and have had a great time building furniture and decorating, but I never use it and the friends I have that could use it (another long story and this is a family audience) don't need it. Besides, I just built a small English cottage on my pond and I can furnish it as needed. Right now there's a rug inside designed for relaxing and snuggling, but if I ever need a bed, a couch, or even a dining room, I can "take" the rug and "rez" new things. Wish I could do that in RL!

When I get home from work (where I've managed to access Blogger today for some reason though not fully) I'll post more pics. And I promise to get back to Blogging in general 'cause I miss it and my SL profile promises that people can learn about RL me by visiting here. So, on to the next post!

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!