« Home | One of my favorite jokes: Q: What's brown and stic... » | "Feelin' Alright" by Traffic from the Feelin' Alr... » | One of my Bible study buddies must have been peeki... » | Have you watched the adverts at the top of this pa... » | On the way home from Bible study tonight I thought... » | If a depraved person experiences a depravity (or s... » | The last post made reference to my being a Christi... » | As I sit here eating another fabulous Klondike Bar... » | According to Yahoo! News, Man cuts off penis in se... » | So, just how is the Song of the Day picked? It has... » 

12 August 2004 

The BBC reports > California annuls gay marriages: "California's Supreme Court has annulled about 4,000 gay marriages that took place in San Francisco."

Wonder if they looked at Romans 1:27 when they figured out this one?

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Let's not fall back on the old "Love the sinner; hate the sin" line. That goes without saying. The Bible, like it or not, is very clear on the issue. Many of the gay people I know are some of the kindest and most wonderful people I know. Unfortunately, sex is going to be their downfall.

Which brings us to NJ Gov. McGreevey Resigns Over Homosexual Affair: "New Jersey Gov. James McGreevey, who earlier this year said he opposed gay marriage, announced on Thursday he would resign and admitted to having a homosexual affair." So he's married and he had an affair. That's Commandment Seven. It was homosexual sex which, while not a Commandment-level offense, is against God's will. Now, if he repents and accepts the Lord's forgiveness but no longer partakes in gay sex but still has those feelings ...

Gosh that's a complicated issue. I just wish the Bible had more guidance. It would be too bad to see someone rot in Hell just because they were in love with someone and did what they could to please them. Sure, we can't make an exception. If we did someone else would want an exception. And then someone else would want one. And then .... Well, you see the sin-ergy.

Dante described a Hell that had different rings or levels depending on the sin. Wouldn't it be cool if Heaven had different levels based on "goodness" so we could bring more to the party? Whoa -- bordering on breaking Commandments One and Two with that one.

But interpretation is rampant, it seems. One of my Bible study buddies said that once everyone is in Heaven there is no more marriage, sex, or similar relationships. But the ultra popular Left Behind books by Tim Lahaye and Jerry B. Jenkins discuss the issue several times and led me to believe I'd be reunited with my ex-wife whom I still love and my daughtger. That was something I was going to research today but a pleasant though unexpected nap showed up and then some fine TV watching .... guess I was zonked from all that writing this morning. Maybe I'll stay up late after more TV to look into it. After all, if there's no one special (other than Jesus) to spend eternity with other than everyone I may stop looking (or at least pinning) while I'm here.

On a related note, a crazy idea: We were to wait 2000 years for the second coming. By most all measures it's been that long since the birth of Jesus. What if it's supposed to be 2000 years since the Resurrection? That would be another 33 years since the original assumed date. And if we figure 7 years for the Tribulation then that puts the Rapture (unless you are Catholic) at somewhere around the year 2022 AD. I suppose I can hang out as a single for another 18 years. I'd be 60 and who'd want me anyway? Peace & Prayers! Visualize Whirled Peas!

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!