« Home | People look at me funny when I mention the Death T... » | The BBC reports > California annuls gay marriages:... » | One of my favorite jokes: Q: What's brown and stic... » | "Feelin' Alright" by Traffic from the Feelin' Alr... » | One of my Bible study buddies must have been peeki... » | Have you watched the adverts at the top of this pa... » | On the way home from Bible study tonight I thought... » | If a depraved person experiences a depravity (or s... » | The last post made reference to my being a Christi... » | As I sit here eating another fabulous Klondike Bar... » 

13 August 2004 

Olympic Commentary

Where would we be without James Earl Jones? And what did we do before him? His narration of the NBC teaser before the 2004 Olympics opening ceremonies was a powerful reminder of the gifts that God bestows upon us mere humans. It is a two part gift because of what it has helped Mr. Jones accomplish and that it can be shared with the rest of us. Thank you, Lord.

And please extend your blessings, Father, upon the athletes, staff, and visitors to the Summer Olympics this year. Keep them safe, healthy, and happy.

But with all the gum chewing I saw amongst the athletes I'm sure many of them are very, very happy. I'd notice that sort of thing because I don't care much about sports. So here are some other inane observations:

  • Sweetest Welcome by the Crowd: Iraq
  • Delegation That Looked Most Like a Blend of Greeks & Turks: Cyprus
  • Best Comeback After an Absence: Afghanistan (and they have some women as athletes!)
  • Coldest Greeting by the Crowd: Iran (and I don't blame them)
  • Most Regimented and Unsmiling Delegation: Iran (surprised?)
  • Most Obvious Omission in Political Commentary: Eritrea
  • Delegation I'd Most Like to Spend Time With: Australia, United Kingdom, & Italy (each for different reasons)
  • Best Looking Women: Canada
  • Best Looking Men: Greece
  • Least Good Looking Men: Japan (and, unusually, the women weren't that good looking, either)
  • Least Good Looking Women: Israel (worse than Japan and Russia)
  • Most Surprisingly Good Looking Women: Kazakhstan (whooda thunk?)
  • Best Host Nation: Greece (by default and by hard work ... nice start to the Games ... it was a nice Welcome Home)
  • Coolest Team Costume: Most any nation from South America or Africa
  • Most Boring Team Costume: Malta (but it was close several times!)
  • Delegates Other Than Israel That Looked the Most Jewish: Palestine
  • Most Confusing Team Costume: Mongolia (cowboy hats & cheesy blazers?)
  • Least Surprising Fact: 70% of the South African team is Caucasian
  • 2nd Least Surprising Fact: Nearly all camcorders carried by athletes were carried by men
Gonna go set the VCR to record the rest of the ceremonies and go to bed. Quick mention of the Song of the Day: "Olympic Fanfare" by Erich Kunzel & The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra on the album The Very Best of Erich Kunzel • Top 20 or "Summon the Heroes" by John Williams from the Summon the Heroes album.

Peace & Prayers

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!