« Home | "Built to thrill (classic)" is a great story from ... » | Last night I purchased a couple new songs from iTu... » | Other news from this week - My blog post from Augu... » | Haven't really been listening to music lately, it'... » | Just watched Jay London in a re-run of Last Comic ... » | Have you seen the CBS-TV show Joan of Arcadia? Thi... » | Yahoo! News - Microsoft Sues Web Hoster, Others Ov... » | Just saw an advert for a new video game that puts ... » | Didn't nap nearly as much as I wanted to today, bu... » | Yahoo! News - Cat Stevens Calls U.S. Deportation '... » 

28 September 2004 

Too busy and tired to post anything yesterday. After getting out of work late I dashed to Lodge so I could be one of the Conferring Masters when two candidates were entered into Freemasonry. I totally butchered the oath and obligation. That's strange because normally it's something I can recite without even thinking about it. The rest of the degree went well, though. I even got a great compliment from one of my toughest critics. While the botch job was unforgivable I still feel pretty good about the work I did.

Then after the degree work came the usual snacking session. Anyone can be a 34th degree Mason -- the Belly Mason Degree -- with enough diligent work. Then after two bowls of ice cream and some crisps I helped the Worshipful Master ferry some cars around. That means I didn't get home in time to do any blogging. Looks like I may have to start thinking about changing a regular post to The Song of the Once-in-a-While or something.

Speaking of such, here we go ...

"Can't Find My Way Home" by Blind Faith gets the nod for Song of the Day today, and not just because it happened to be playing when I got around to the SOD part of this post. It's a great tune that fits beautifully in with the recent SODs from Traffic, Uriah Heep, and others of this ilk. Some Rock is truly timeless and this Blind Faith tune is among them. When I feel like listening to the lyrics I find them poignant and easy to sing along with. The melody is catchy and easy to hum, plus it's not too fast without being stodgy. This is sort of my mood in music lately.

Although when I was playing chauffeur last night my buddy and I really got into Cab Calloway's "Minnie the Moocher" and the Blues Brothers' cover of "Sweet Home Chicago." Maybe my mood is changing. It's been pretty perky lately, but more so now that I'm done giving that degree at Lodge. Now I can relax and concentrate on cleaning my house (rats!).

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!