« Home | Nice Product Placement! » | Declaration of Revocation » | My Latest iTunes Acquisitions » | Bigger isn't always better » | The Zen of Entropy » | Baby Alert! » | Wasn't this timely? » | A Free Plug for a Fine Cause » | Fun While It Lasted » | Funny looking » 

26 February 2005 

Three for Three

The vendor that stocks the Pepsi product machines at my workplace finally started putting in bottles with the iTunes caps. Well, it might have started last week, but I didn't notice until today. The good news is that I bought three bottles and got three winning caps. Even better news is that two of my co-workers learned that I collect the caps and promised to give me theirs. And lucky news is that I found a cap in the trash!

I picked up two tracks from Sly & the Family Stone: "Dance to the Music" and "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)," both from The Essential Sly & The Family Stone. As I write this I wonder how I've gotten this far in my music collection without adding these Soul classics. None of the CDs have these tracks, either. Strange. But I'm glad I have them and I plan on putting them into heavy rotation for a while.

Yesterday I picked up "Boogie On" from Ten Years After: The Anthology (1967-1971) by (obviously) Ten Years After. This one hung out in my Wish List for a while because (1) I hesitate loading up my collection with tracks that play for more than 10 minutes and (2) hitherto this the only track I remember from the group was on the Woodstock soundtrack album. Its been pretty good. A nice, classic Blues rhythm with some stunning guitar work. It may not be a staple of my listening stock, but it will be great when I'm in Bluesy mood. I may need to have the Hammond organ explained to me, though.

An unexpected acquisition was "Under Your Spell" by Amber Benson & Orchestra on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Once More, With Feeling soundtrack. I wasn't aware that the show's producers had released an album of the music in this really weird episode from one of my favorite TV shows. Some sort of curse was upon the town of Sunnydale that made residents break out in song. Like a Broadway musical this device furthered the plot, but it also was the plot. Most of the songs were at least clever and a good many were both clever and funny, but this one was actually beautiful. Everytime I heard it I thought to myself "Gee, wouldn't it be nice if they released the song for sale?" And they did. All the songs and then some are available on iTunes (and maybe elsewhere, though I didn't check).

It's just a teensy scary that I can listen to the music on my iPod for over two days without a repeat. And I'm still collecting caps.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!