« Home | Didja Notice? » | Its all relative » | Its that time again! Fall Back! » | That's all I want! » | Turning Japanese » | Methinks he's spot-on » | A Modest Proposal » | A Brave Inspiration » | Shirking » | Oops, I did it again! » 

30 October 2005 

Bacon, Bacon, & More Bacon

In a previous post I wrote:

In a similar vein (though a bit more facetious in nature), if God hadn't wanted us to eat animals, 'splain why he made them out of meat? And "unclean" animals need extra 'splanation ... if pigs shouldn't be eaten why did He make them with bacon?
Maybe I shouldn't have been so flippant because a possible change to the original dietary law was brought to my attention during my last Bible study from Acts 10:9-15.
9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."

15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Well, if that doesn't sound like so-called unclean (yet secretly filled with tasty goodness) animals are now okay to eat, I don't know what does. Of course, to still get the best airline food it is still a good idea to tell them that you keep Kosher. One can always get bacon on the ground after landing.

Mmmm ... bacon. I might have to run to the store right now and pig out. McDonald's Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel here I come!

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!