« Home | Yeah, I was at work when I made that last post. An... » | <!-- Converted from text/rtf format --> A problem... » | Words, words, words. All this writing of late has ... » | Speaking of manly music, Elmer Bernstein, composer... » | Henry Mancini's "Peter Gunn" is today's Song of th... » | When it rains I play. Sure, I have other things to... » | Song of the Day: I was tempted to bring up Superch... » | The following headline and story from today's news... » | According to BBC NEWS Sex spam clogs summer in-box... » | Gave the ol' iPod a rest today and didn't listen t... » 

20 August 2004 

Today's Song of the Day is from

THELIMECD Posted by Hello

It's called "Make a Joyful Noise / I Will Not Be Silent" and I wasn't sure I liked it at first. The track lived in my iTunes "Wish List" for a while before I said, What the heck? It's only a buck! But the more I listen to it the better I like it. Of course, it's Christian Alternative Rock so the message really sells. The music is really addictive, though, and that's a large part of it's appeal. It has a great arrangement and a unique spin on the vocals. And it rocks. Not a hard, in-your-face kind of Rock, but a persistent, driving rhythm that has an appealing charm without letting you forget the genre.

At this time I have between 65 and 70 tracks (not counting Holiday music) from various flavors of the Inspirational genre, including Blues, Rock, Alternative, Pop, Jazz, and Gospel related to the three major faiths. All are great (otherwise I wouldn't have bought them, I suppose), but consider that's almost 10% of the music library on my computer and you can see I have a certain preference. Sure, there are a lot of CD tracks that I haven't ripped, but even it weren't for space limitations (both on the laptop and the iPod) I wouldn't have ripped too many more to effect much of an increase in either total tracks or tracks in that genre. So that's a healthy number.

But it has to stop. I was telling someone at work that I have 158 tracks that I bought from iTunes alone in the last ten months. That's like buying an album a month. Maybe not a lot of money, but that's still over $150.00 (buying whole albums decreases the cost as you usually get more than ten tracks for ten bucks)! I try not to consider that there are sixteen more tracks lurking in my Wish List plus six more tracks and two albums on deck in the Shopping Cart. I might have to ask everyone for iTunes gift certificates for Christmas.

Warning to anyone reading this:
That's just random thinking.
I still don't like to receive gifts on the Lord's Birthday.


But even the not-so-good tracks are worthwhile. "Golden Rust" by Trilok Gurtu & Robert Miles is now playing on the 'Pod and it's not as good as I had hoped it would be. It slinked around the Wish List and then prowled the Shopping Cart for a month before I gave in to the urge. Still, it's good enough depending on my mood and whim at the time. It's terrible -- and expensive, apparently -- to have such diverse aural tastes.

Same with my taste in videos. Today Barnes & Noble delivered The Incredible Adventures of Wallace & Grommit DVD today with my Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 1 DVD boxed set along with Mark Frost's novel The List of 7 (Avon Books, 1994). So I'm off to play with these new toys that were actually free thanks to the reward points on my Yahoo! credit card (shameless plug given gratis). Peace & Prayers!

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!