« Home | While I'm watching a bit of Olympic Badminton comp... » | <!-- Converted from text/rtf format --> Hey! Look... » | Ha! I just looked at the last post and the adverts... » | French President Jacques Chirac commented during P... » | Olympic Commentary Where would we be without Jame... » | People look at me funny when I mention the Death T... » | The BBC reports > California annuls gay marriages:... » | One of my favorite jokes: Q: What's brown and stic... » | "Feelin' Alright" by Traffic from the Feelin' Alr... » | One of my Bible study buddies must have been peeki... » 

17 August 2004 

Update on my post from 08/14: The adverts from the top of my Blog have disappeared entirely. Now there's a link to go to the "next Blog" that takes you to someone else's posts.

The real reason of this post is to let you know that prayers are answered. I had vacuumed the keyboard of my laptop only to find that the /?+ key disappeared. Not knowing any better, I tried to fix it after finding the missing piece in the vac bag. It took me a while to figure out the mechanics of it, though a younger me might have taken less time. But a younger me wouldn't have asked God for patience when the final assembly didn't work. The Lord gave me patience when I asked and the insight to look in the vac bag for any other missing pieces. Well, the final assembly wasn't so final, I guess, as I found a rubber springy part that I needed. Poof! It worked. Praise the Lord, even if it was a little prayer.

I'm not going to ask the Lord for a new laptop, even though one of my first thoughts was Great! Here's an excuse to buy a new laptop! I don't like asking God for anything for myself. He knows my needs and can tell better than I which are things that I genuinely require versus which simply come from desire so I trust that He will grant me those which best suit His plans. The Bible tells us it's okay to pray for ourselves but I still feel selfish doing so.

Being selfish seldom pays. Look at the US men's Olympic basketball team for example. The sports guys at work were talking about the drubbing they got from what was supposed to be an easy team to beat, Puerto Rico. The best comment was that the team is full of hot shots (though not A-list NBA players) but there was only one ball on the court. Didn't they watch the movie Miracle? Unless you are competing in some sort of individual event, then a team will only succeed if everyone works together.

I guess we all have lessons to learn. That's why we have the Bible, God's instruction book to Man.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!