« Home | "$3 gasoline may soon be a nationwide reality" » | Bob Newhart on my mind » | Updated iMix: Praise Thru Music » | And you wonder why I use Firefox » | Music Review: Selah & "Amazing Grace" » | Coincidence or Witchcraft? » | "Asteroid's path could put Earth in its sights " » | One of my pet peeves » | Whoa! » | Jimminy Crickets, am I getting old! » 

31 August 2005 

Hey, Lucy! 'Splain Somethin' to Me!


'Splain to me why there are always holdouts that ignore warnings to evacuate during disasters? There are dozens of examples like the one to the left in the Yahoo! News Hurricanes slideshow. They know its coming and there are plenty of resources for folks who can't afford to leave on their own. Yet after every disaster we have scenes like this. Tornadoes I can understand. But hurricanes?

Now 'splain somethin' else --why looters in New Orleans and other Katrina disaster areas instantly lose command of the English language when confronted. One moment they are shouting and waving at the cameras, then when asked if they knew they were stealing only dumb looks were used for communication.

Not that I'm ungrateful for the update, but 'splain to me why all my placemarks become inaccurate when Google Earth updated it's photos. My mobile home shifted like a tornado went by. In this pic you can't tell the lawn isn't mowed, but it probably wasn't. And is that my yellow Ford Focus under the tree? I can make out all the cars of my neighbors. This photo is copyright 2005, but I still see empty lots from a couple years ago.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!