« Home | And you wonder why I use Firefox » | Music Review: Selah & "Amazing Grace" » | Coincidence or Witchcraft? » | "Asteroid's path could put Earth in its sights " » | One of my pet peeves » | Whoa! » | Jimminy Crickets, am I getting old! » | I'm Tossed » | A Nice Drive Home Tonight » | This got my dander up a bit » 

30 August 2005 

Updated iMix: Praise Thru Music


Playlist Notes: As my faith grows, so does my library of music to praise the Lord. "Psalm 100:2" is engraved on my iPod to ever remind me to "Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing." This diversity of the genres here reflects the diversity of all God's children. There's room -- and music -- for everyone.

  • "The Houseplant Song" by Audio Adrenaline
  • "Mirror" by BarlowGirl
  • "Amazing Grace" by Jeff Beck
  • "Lay It Down" by The Benjamin Gate
  • "Lord Reign Me In" by Brenton Brown
  • "La Mujer De Terah" by Continuo
  • "God of Wonders" by Caedmon's Call
  • "Make a Joyful Noise," "Undignified" & "No One Like You" by David Crowder
  • "Day by Day," "Jesus Freak" & "What Have We Become?" by DC Talk
  • "All I Need" by Bethany Dillon
  • "What's It Like" by Downhere
  • "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim
  • "Satan Wants Me Dead" by Fire Engine Red
  • "With or Without You" by Grits
  • "Oh Happy Day" by Edwin Hawkins
  • "John the Revelator" by Son House
  • "Here I Am to Worship" by Tim Hughes
  • "Monday Morning Church" by Alan Jackson
  • "Flood" by Jars of Clay
  • "Breathe On Me" by Jennifer Knapp
  • "Heaven (A Cappella)" by Mary Mary
  • "He Reigns," "I'm Not Ashamed," "Breakfast," "Entertaining Angels," "Praises," "Spirit Thing," "WooHoo" & "Who?" by Newsboys
  • "Superfly" & "We Shall Overcome " by The O.C. Supertones
  • "Stuck," "(There's Gotta Be) More to Life" & "Without Love" by Stacie Orrico
  • "Open the Eyes of My Heart" by Parkview Baptist School Praise Team
  • "Holy Is the Lord," "Shout to the North," "Whole World In His Hands" & "Waking Up to the Whole Gospel" by Passion Band
  • "Echelon," "Fireproof (Mudrock Version)" & "Sunday Bloody Sunday" by Pillar
  • "Be My Escape" by Relient K
  • "Beautiful Day" by Sanctus Real
  • "Praise Your Holy Name" by Seed
  • "Amazing Grace" & "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" by Selah
  • "You Are My Hope," "Alien Youth," "Earth Invasion," "The Thirst Is Taking Over," "One Real Thing" "Will You Be There (Falling Down)," "Imperfection" & "Kill Me, Heal Me" by Skillet
  • "Come To Jesus" by Mindy Smith
  • "God," "Let My Words Be Few," "Song of Love" & "Veggie Tales Theme Song" by Rebecca St. James
  • "We Live," "Barlow Girls," "Help Me Out God," "Let It Be," "Karaoke Superstars," "Get Up," "Not Done Yet" & "One Girl Revolution" by Superchick
  • "Absolute," "Supafly" & "Unbelievable" by Thousand Foot Krutch
  • "Holy Is the Lord" & "Where the Streets Have No Name" by Chris Tomlin
  • "Blessed Be Your Name" by Tree 63
  • "Every Move I Make" from World's Best Praise & Worship: This Is the Day
  • "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West
Tracks that I've ripped don't show up in iMixes so this list should be longer. This is only 78 tracks when the playlist in iTunes is 105 total (7.9 hours 455Mb). For example, I have a second version of Skillet's "You Are My Hope" that was available on their Website for a short time. Add in another seven ripped from Festival Con Dios, Volume One and others and you'll get the idea.

Okay , strictly speaking not all of these songs are specifically Christian. There's a Jewish holiday song, a few pop tunes that I interpret as praise and worship, and a few tunes by Christian-oriented bands that aren't "on topic." In the long run they all live up to the true spirit of Psalm 100:2 and that's what matters.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!