« Home | One of my pet peeves » | Whoa! » | Jimminy Crickets, am I getting old! » | I'm Tossed » | A Nice Drive Home Tonight » | This got my dander up a bit » | More about my recent vacation » | "My man does not need turtle eggs." » | Honestly, don't people have better things to do? » | Is BLU too good to be True? » 

29 August 2005 

"Asteroid's path could put Earth in its sights "

Yahoo! News: In June, former astronaut Russell Schweickart petitioned NASA chief Michael Griffin to consider placing a transmitter on Apophis, which is named after an ancient Egyptian god of darkness and destruction, by 2013. Chesley says NASA will respond in a few weeks.

Astronomers are debating what to do about Earth's close encounter with an asteroid in 2029 and again in 2036 - passages that might be too close for comfort.

Apophis, a 1,059-foot-wide asteroid, has excited astronomers since it was spotted last year. After observing it for a while, scientists concluded that it has only a 1-in-8,000 chance of ever smacking into Earth. But even that slim chance has them talking and NASA pondering how to keep track of it - just in case.
Anyone remember my post from 04 February 2005? It discussed the same asteroid and quoted an intelligent article from MSNBC. It seems we might have our Third Trumpet from Revelations:
10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.
Apparently I'm not the only one thinking about it. Searching the Web for Wormwood turns up an awful lot of poorly thought out material. Much of it jingoistic and outright misinterpreted. Here's something interesting, though, from All The Good News of Bible Prophecy:

The "wormwood" mentioned in verse 11 is a direct fulfilment of Jeremiah 9:13-15: "And the Lord saith, Because they have forsaken my law...Behold, I will feed them, even this people, with wormwood, and give them water of gall to drink." Wormwood has a bitter taste and produces convulsions, paralysis, and death. The world in its rebellion against God and His Christ has revelled in booze, so during the Great Tribulation period God will give mankind wormwood to drink.

It is also interesting sideline that "wormwood" in the Russian language means "Cherynoble" and of course we know that "Cherynoble" is the nuclear power plant in the Ukraine that when it exploded released a huge cloud of nuclear radiation all over Europe. Could it be that the "Cup of Bitterness" could in fact be the spread of nuclear radiation throughout the world as a result of a devestating nuclear war? Could there possibly be a connection?

I'm going to have to talk to my friend Charlie. He's more up on End Times research than I am. I know this much, though ... I feel it in my bones. Maybe the end is near.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!