« Home | An Eternal Question » | Happy Birthday, Little Girl » | A Benefit of War » | Vote the Bums Out! » | "Never had a dinner!" Remembering Red Buttons » | The Bulwer-Lytton Prize » | Stood Up » | The "Perfect Wife" is Gone » | Another visit to the Lost Garden » | Every Boy's Dream » 

20 July 2006 

Update from Another Life

Birthday Week at the Lydia Rose Memorial Park wasn't quite a whole week. I changed the theme drastically today. It now features elements from the Lost Gardens of Apollo, one of my favorite places in all of Second Life. A relaxation pool some 80 meters above the property is the highlight and from here spectacular views of sunsets and moonrises are unfettered. A quick teleporter ride down takes one to a great snuggle rug with wine, roses, and a fire sconce. Several couples can relax and unwind while sharing company. This picture shows me sprawled on one of the many sumptuous pillows. In the background is a new memorial fountain for Lydia. Elsewhere in the park is a roaring campfire with benches. I need to fine tune a few things, but it's working out rather well.

Another activity of late is dancing. Some friends opened a new club [The Moore or Less Club, Nangrim (113, 131, 72)] in my neighborhood and you'll often find me and Kala dancing there. Here's an overhead shot of a large group from a recent night. I gave everyone hand-held sparklers and someone else gave out "fire feet" so these effects combined with the club's great lighting to produce a very fun atmosphere.

Kala and I were there early and we played with a number of our effects toys. Here I have my Purple Burst effect on one of my feet. Very colorful. The dance machine near the club's ceiling kept us in perfect synch. I can't dance at all in real life, but here I was another Gene Kelly.

This is Kala's Marilyn Monroe look. She removed the skirt extensions for dancing, but still looked hot.


She was so inspired by all the dancing that she put some dance aids back at the castle. Here's us using my favorite. We look pretty good together in this dance, especially when the music stream on the land plays the right song. I also bought a dance machine like at the Moore or Less Club.

I love to dance with Kala. Probably 'cause I love Kala.

While Kala has been spending money on dance aids, I've been collecting critters. My latest is Compagno, a dragon to wear on my shoulder. He makes dragon sounds, breathes fire, and moves his tail and wings when I walk. These shots do not do him justice. His skin is highly detailed and has a sheen to it. Very realistic, especially with his blinking eyes. Uccello has a blue dragon named Lizzie.

Other critters include a couple mice for my other shoulder, a cat in a Superman costume, a cat in a baby's onesie (complete with binky), and a unicorn that blows soap bubbles. I bought the mice and the dragon while the cats were prizes I won. All of them are real conversation starters. As are the penquin avatar I got free and the "follower" critters that keep up with me when I walk without being attached.

About me

  • I'm CC Hunt
  • From Between UNH & USM of late., United States
  • Romans 7:15 in some fashion or other defines it all, be it my career, loves, family, or whatever.
My profile

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?




Disclaimers: Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool. Some material appearing on this site may be copyrighted or otherwise protected under the 8th Commandment. Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. If contacted I will remove the item(s) in question. Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. Use of said material implies no intentional malice or desire for financial gain. I doubt, therefore I might be. Citations and links will be given as needed. If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too? The views expressed by me on this site are an exercise of my 1st Ammendment rights and do not necessarily reflect the views of others. I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that's not going to happen." Origninal material is not copyright but your correct citation is appreciated. Good quality underwear is worth the extra cost. I cannot be responsible for moved or broken links or the content (including advertisements) they represent nor should the inclusion of same necessarily imply specific endorsement from me. Someone who can smile when things go wrong has someone else in mind to blame. If you have your own views to express then you are kindly invited to find your own forum. Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession but for some reason bears a very close resemblance to the first. Quando omni flunkus, mortati Thanks! Peace & Prayers!